Song Conversion Sunday:

And...

This week's song is Little Gem by Euphoria. It's on the CSI Soundtrack and was released on the soundtrack in 2001. Euphoria is a Canadian band that falls into trance, techno, and electronica musical genres.

On first listen, the piece seems to be closer to trance than techno, but that is part of being somewhat unused to listening to this type of genre. The tempo is at a good pace for my clients - moderate and consistent. The music itself has some repetitive figures with embellishments in various instrument parts. It doesn't get too repetitive (though that seems to be more about my preferences for music than about my clients' preferences).

Another search for this group of performers without the title of the song led me into the various groups that use the same name. There is a Canadian group called Euphoria at present, but it is not the Euphoria of my song. There is also an Indian group called Euphoria that seems to be a bit more well-known these days, but, again, it is not the Euphoria that I am listening to right now. Interesting.

So, as is my practice, I will be spending some time listening to this song this week, using it to frame some of my therapeutic music experience (TME) brainstorming this week. I can add this to my relaxation playlist because I do find it relaxing. I can also start to think about how my clients may relate to the music within a music therapy session.

If you are interested in hearing this song, I encourage you to do a quick YouTube search with the keywords Little Gem by Euphoria (you are looking for the song released in 2001). What types of TMEs do you think of when you hear this music?? Let me know in the comments!





More information about Euphoria: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphoria_(Canadian_band) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA