Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals

I've done it again. I've signed up for yet another challenge to do to help me figure out my newest path through life. This one is called the Biz Breakthrough for MTs, and I am working my way through the thought prompts slowly and surely.

As part of this challenge, I have been thinking through my values and my visions and am starting to prioritize my goals. I do this often, but being part of a formal challenge helps me refine what I really want out of life.

I know that my values are pretty set (at least, for the moment - values often change, and that is perfectly natural) and center around music therapy, family, friends, and financial security. I feel that I am doing pretty well at living a value-full life right now. My vision is also pretty clear - I know what I want to be doing with my business ideas, but my pathway is obscured by fog. So, I know what is next.

I have to find my map.

I am a visual learner and pictures are the best way for me to express myself and to figure things out. I use mind mapping, visual organizers, bullet journaling, written lists, coloring book pictures, and many other tools to help me process difficult concepts. As a result, the thought of a map to my destination is one that I instantly understand and can develop into an action plan.

I have the first two destinations set on my map to my journey's end. The first is to get some assistance, and I know who I am going to work with. She'll know this at the end of the weekend - it's on my map. The second destination is a bit more fuzzy, but it will happen. I know where to go, but I'm not sure who I will meet there - and that's okay. I can see the path, but I can't see all the twists and turns that are going to happen. 

I am going to take some time to reflect on this concept and to start my map. I can fill in the starting point, the first two stops, and the destination, but the rest will have to wait until some sunshine illuminates the features of the journey.

How do you visualize your journey?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA