Technology: Wonderful Tool, Until It Isn't

I have had one of my strange encounters with technology this week. Does anyone else have days where everything electrical that you touch freaks out? No? Just me? Hmmm.

This was one of those weeks. I had several streetlights explode their bulbs as I passed under the them - different times, different cities. That's usually my first indication that something is happening. Computers stop working for me, and last night, I broke YouTube! Seriously. The video I was trying to put up would not process if I was sitting at the computer. I had to leave it completely alone, move into the other room, and go to sleep before YouTube would process my little 45 second video! Then, this morning, when I went to check and see if it was ready, YouTube wouldn't let me publish the video. I tried all my electronic tricks, and nothing worked! I recorded a completely new video and, voila! No more problems.

I enjoy technology, and I use it on a pretty regular basis, but I have learned that there are times when tech and I are not on good terms with one another. So, I don't rely on it. I don't have access to wi-fi on a r...

ARRRGGGGHHHH! In the middle of a sentence, the computer decided to randomly restart. Could it have done that last night when I wasn't using it??? OF COURSE NOT! It had to wait until I was actually engaged in using it before it just HAD to restart. This is the type of stuff that's happening lots around me lately.

I wish I knew what the root of these issues are. They happen to me at least once a year, and it is always an inconvenience. There was the time when my bag broke the entire luggage delivery system at our local airport, then I broke the escalator, and finally broke the parking lot system when I tried to pay. I cried all the way home because I was so stressed that something would happen to my car's technology system (it didn't, but there were some more exploding street lights).

I don't dare go to Spotify or something like that for my music needs. I would never be sure when it would work in sessions. I have to go old-school and actually listen to chord progressions and lyrics and MEMORIZE things!

I think I am going to go back to bed, far away from the computer, so things may actually settle down. I'll emerge tomorrow when I will be less disruptive. Now to go and negotiate some streaming time with the powers of technology and the goddess of electricity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA