Just a Sunday

Today and next week will just have regular posts. I'm not going to pack my current book and will have various obligations on these Sundays, so I'm taking a break from all things deep thinking (courtesy of Mercedes Pavlicevic).

Posts from the next several days may be a bit spotty since I will be hovering over this country of mine and in places where the wi-fi is turned off when Dad goes to bed or with a sister that does not have the same relationship with technology that I do. Just wanted folks to know.

So, what is happening on this Sunday and Christmas Eve? My to-do list is growing - taking care of the cat for her vacation from me, moving and watering my lone plant, finishing my packing, going to Walmart for some extra yarn, finding the travel backpack, organizing the electronics and the cords that go along with them, checking in for the flight, leading worship services (one in the morning and one at night - just had a thought - I don't have to play piano at all today!!). The list gets longer all the time.

I'm trying to decide what to take with me when it comes to things like entertainment. I'm not taking my iPod - I really don't need it, and it requires yet another cord for charging. I am taking the laptop - I need to do some work, and the laptop is my device for all things work. I don't think I'll need the tablet, either. I'll just stick with the laptop for all things electronic. I won't need anything else. I can also take a real book with me for my trips. That and a prayer shawl will keep me occupied in the airport - I hope they let me take my ginormous crochet hook on the plane. I won't be able to take my scissors, but Mom has plenty of those around.

This rest time will be also work time. I can spend time finishing some presentations and writing some specific blog posts. It's a good time to set up specific ideas and goals for the new year. I have two presentations to finish and several more to outline for my next business steps. After all of that, it will be time to come back to work and to focus on my clients again.

Merry Christmas to those of us who celebrate, and Happy Sunday to everyone else!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA