The Aftermath

Today, I am getting to my pattern of blogging much later than usual. That is because I hit the exhaustion wall yesterday morning when I woke up with a terrible headache. The day continued with an 8 hour training - having to sit in a chair and pay attention so I could complete my certification (which I did). I completed it, but it was a struggle to keep my eyes open at times. That was no reflection at all on the presenters or my table mates, but completely because of six days of sitting, listening, and receiving information that challenged my brain just wore me out. 

I am happy to be at home for the rest of the week...well, except for my church work.

I woke up before my alarm light turned on, used the bathroom, and then the cat and I decided to go back to sleep. Which we did. Until 6:30am! For those of you who know my typical schedule, you know that 6:30am is sleeping in late for me. I then left my home to do some grocery shopping and am now just starting to be a bit less exhausted, though I am thinking I could do with an early morning nap right about now.

At the same time, though, my brain is clicking around and around, mixing up all the information I was exposed to over the past week, and triggering thoughts and plans. I'll get some of those thoughts written down on paper, others in computer files, and still others in pictures and doodles. As the information starts to be synthesized, I will see my journey - I already see my destination, I just need to see how to get there.

Tomorrow, I will cook my favorite decadent casserole and make a triple chocolate cake for my Thanksgiving meal. I will sleep when I want to sleep, eat when I want to eat, and be thankful for what I have. I will spend time reflecting on where I have been and where I want to go with my life. I will NOT go shopping unless it is something I can buy on my computer. I will talk to my family - they may even figure out how to Skype with me so I can see every one of them.

For now, I am going to continue to let ideas percolate in my head. I am going to spend some time strategizing where I go from here.

What does this have to do with music or therapy? All of the thoughts that are in the forefront of my current idea maelstrom are directly related to music therapy - how I do my job with my clients, how other music therapists could benefit from the information that I've learned, how to get that information to other music therapists...

It's time for sleeping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA