My Vision is Getting More Clear Every Day

About six months ago, I led a presentation at the super regional conference for the Midwestern and Western regions. The title was "Been There, Done That, Now What?: From Slump to Career Pivot." During that presentation, I encouraged participants to dream big. We spent some time thinking about our future lives - what would be if we stayed in the same place, what we could be if money was no object, and then a combination of the two. My "lottery winning" plan continues to challenge me - it is always at the back of my mind when I drive past the lottery sign on my way to work. What would I do if I had millions of dollars??

If I had an unlimited amount of money, I would start a music therapy community clinic in my parent's town. I would want to employ several therapists and be able to offer music therapy services to all sorts of clients. I would want to have a community band and a community choir for people to come in and use music for recreation and well-being. I would want to travel all around the world, sharing the joy that I find in being a music therapist. I'd want to share TMEs and techniques and materials and courses with other MTs. I'd want to have an internship and continue to train the future of music therapy. I would buy a building in the downtown area and renovate it into the ideas that I have for the ideal music therapy space. It's my favorite form of play - dreaming.

Alas, I don't often buy a lottery ticket, so my chances of winning are not possible at all. You sorta hafta buy a ticket to win the lottery. So, that dream continues to be just that - a dream. On the other hand, the last thing that I challenged participants to think about was a way to combine the obvious future with the "lottery winning" future. I am moving forward on that combination future.

Today is the day that I finish my CMTE modules!

I am ready to do this. I have my module shirt and headband. I have the powerpoint presentations ready to go. My cough isn't too bad, so it's time to record the last two modules and then get things going. (I am only a couple of weeks behind on my self-imposed target date.)

Today is the day.

I am taking the next step towards my combination future. I am going to finish this project and then contact CBMT for approval. Once that is done, I will officially launch my first-ever CMTE online course!

That statement scares me. It scares me to the core, but I know that this is what I am meant to be doing right now. This is my way of moving toward my possible future. I am taking the leap.

What is your vision for you? What can you do today to move you towards that vision?

I am going to finish my CMTE modules today. Here I go into this new world.

Join me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA