Thoughtful Thursday: What Do You Want in a Music Therapy Blog?

www.musictherapyworks.com
It's the mid-point of my Fall break, and I am starting to think lots about my new year's resolutions. 

I know, it is not officially the start of a new calendar year, but it is the start of my school year, so I tend to make resolutions more this time of the year than in January. So, as I approach the end of my break, I tend to start making my resolutions.

Some of my resolutions are already set.

I am working on my first ever continuing music therapy education course offered through my own approved provider status. I am going to work on course content later today, moving closer to the end of that goal.

I have already launched my quarterly newsletter. You can sign up on my website on the Contact Us page, if you are interested in getting it every three months.

I do have some other thoughts about resolutions for the 2017-2018 school year.

I want to make this blog something a bit more relevant to the lives of other music therapists out there in the world. I'm not quite sure how to do that, but I want to know what people like in music therapy blogs. I know what I like, but I find it difficult to find blogs that satisfy my needs and wants.

So, I'm asking you.

What do you look for on a music therapy blog? 

Please comment about this. What got you here to this blog to begin with? What makes you come back? 

(Just in case you are wondering, I look for ideas, opinions, consistent posting, and challenges in my bloggers. This definitely shapes what I write about on my blog.) 

Another resolution that I have for this school year is to offer more information to my fellow music therapists. Anyone want to participate in a Therapeutic Music Experience Swap next Thursday (a week from today)? if so, sign up for my webinar (the link is on the Webinar and Courses page on the website). Be prepared to share a TME with the group. I need to get over to my social media groups and share this upcoming webinar.

More questions for you, reader!

What types of things do you want to learn about? Do you want new TME ideas? Do you want to learn about how to make your music therapy life more efficient? Do you want a place to talk about the unique challenges that music therapists encounter? Do you just want a way to earn CMTEs? Are there other things you want to know or learn?

Please comment on this as well. Also, please keep in mind that I cannot do everything for everyone, but I can send you to others who can do things I cannot.

Last resolution for this new year approaching.

I am going to spend more time accomplishing things - working them through to completion - rather than just dreaming. Dreaming is important, but finishing things is much more so.

First thing to accomplish? My CMTE course. So, on that note, I'm going to work on this now. Have a wonderful day, and PLEASE leave comments about what you want to read on this blog.

Happy Thursday!

Comments

  1. I like to read posts that make me think deeply about what I do and who I am as a music therapist. I also like posts that give ideas I can share with students. Personally, I could use some strategies for posting consistently.... #delinquentblogger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA