Thoughtful Thursday: Exhaustion

I am absolutely tired to the bone today. I know why, but that doesn't make getting myself up and going any easier. My quotation for this week has every thing to do with self-care, so it seems to be a good thing to focus on for this post. Thank you, Tina Turner, for this reminder that self-care is not a luxury but a necessity.



Thursdays are my most difficult day for waking up and getting going. This is mostly due to my Wednesday evening routine. I am out of my house, being a church music director until after 8pm, and then I have calls to my family members that often keep me up past 9! Last night, Dad called me at 9:30 - unheard of in my family - and talked to me until almost 10pm when I begged to be let out of the conversation because I was exhausted!

Those things make my Thursday mornings different than any other day of the week. I often feel groggy and in need of more sleep on Thursday mornings. The rest of the week, I wake up extra early and ready to go rather than wanting to sleep longer and later. Thursdays, I wish I could just stay in my bed until I actually want to get up rather than when the clock tells me to get going.

Oh well.

Tina's quotation helps to remind me that my best comes to my clients when I am taking care of myself.

So, I am going to get a big glass of water, some breakfast, and some kitty cuddle time before heading off for the last group day of the week. Five groups to go of the week. Two more Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays before the ultimate self-care - break.

This evening, when I get home, I have to find the obscure songs that my students need for tomorrow's Talent Show. Once I do that, I'll be done with my chores for the day. Friday will be a day of celebration of the creative spirit of my clients, and then I will have a Saturday to do things that I want to do - creating content for my courses and playing around with my new gadget - a Sizzix BigShot (more about that later). I will take a nap (at least one) during the weekend. After that day, I'll get back into my routine of groups, notes, and more work.

It is time to go out into this world to do what I do in my small corner. Go into your part of the world and do what you do. 

Strive to be the best that you can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA