10 More Days

With the Talent Show last Friday, I officially started the end of the school year process. I have only one more thing to do before break, and that is getting the graduation choir ready to sing on the 23rd. After that, I am finished with duty for the 2016-2017 school year. The difficult part? Keeping myself going until then.

I am tired.

I am not alone in my exhaustion, but you know it is getting bad when several co-workers mention that you look tired as you are sitting there, doing your morning duty. Several of them have said "I am as tired as you look." I am choosing to take that as an indication of how much I have been working lately and my messed up sleep schedules lately as well.

There are 10 days left until I get some time off to sleep. There are definite advantages to being a school-based therapist - one of which is that you get some time off. My time off has become more splintered in the past couple of years. I never really get enough time off to get bored with myself and/or ready to get back into work. I just get enough time to want more time off. In the old days, I would get almost 3 weeks of time off at the end of the school year before the summer session started. I know why we do things this way, but I miss those 3 weeks in a row.

I used to revel in my napping time, start to get restless, clean things up, get all that finished, and then start to create things for my clients. I never even get to the second stage anymore. It's all just reveling in my napping time. Even my vacations have to-do lists, and I never feel like I get them finished during the breaks.

Nowadays, we have about a week off at several different times of the year. I can't complain - I get time off - but I still long for the days of long periods of time where I can get well and truly bored with being at home.

I always make audacious plans for my time off that I don't accomplish. Then, I feel like I need more time. This time around, I think I will not make any plans. I will go where the feelings and needs take me. Napping? Yep. Cleaning? Yep. Watching bad television? You bet!

10 more days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA