Presentation Proposal Season

I just finished submitting a slew of presentation ideas to the American Music Therapy Association. It will be interesting to see if any of them are accepted for the conference in St. Louis this year. I went through my ideas and selected several for consideration. One of them is quite off the typical, and I hope that it is selected. I've been trying to get something creative into the conference for many years now - I should realize that it is not something that conference session selectors seem to like. If it's not selected, then I know what to include in my own CMTE stuff (if I am approved as a provider - fingers crossed).

I enjoy creating presentations. I enjoy giving presentations, and I like to explore new things to think about as a music therapist.

I told a group of people that I usually spend most of my proposal energy in thinking about what I wish I could access when I go to conferences, and then I propose those topics. I also spend some time reviewing memorable moments from conferences past. What zapped me up? What did I wish a presenter had spoken about that they missed?

I then think through all of these elements and off I go.

I find it interesting what will be accepted and what will be rejected. I then also find it interesting to see what trends happen in the actual conference - there are always trends. I am also interested in what will be rejected for one conference and then accepted for another conference. I don't often rehash proposals, but maybe I should.

I considered not going to conference this year, and I may not if I am not selected to present. We shall see what the future has in store for me. Let the presentation proposal season begin!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA