Finally, It Is Friday

This has been a strange week for me. Yesterday, over half of the school went on a field trip so my usual pattern was interrupted. I only had two groups - one is one of my most favorite and the other is one of my least favorite. My Creative Arts teammate and I received recognition from the other clinicians for our work on the Super-Secret Special Event that happened last week. I settled my worker's compensation case yesterday - first time I've ever been sworn in - so, that's over. I've had moments of anxiety, joy, and absolute frustration this week. It's really worn my out.

But...

It is FINALLY FRIDAY! (I apologize for the strength of the text, but I am really happy to have made it to the end of this week and this month!)

Today is my plan/preparation day. I have a classroom visit this morning and then the entire school tromps through my room to go shopping in the STARS store, so it is impossible to have therapy sessions while folks are walking in and out. So, I take my planning time on Friday afternoons in order to provide that access to the rewards store. I'm not sure what I'll do during the summers when we don't have school on Fridays, but I'll figure it out.

I spent most of yesterday rearranging and straightening my office. I still have a bit of that to do - I need to move things to my car to bring home. I need to take a light bulb to work so my lamp will work. I'll just go put that in the "take to work" pile now... there we go. I'm ready to finish that part of the room. I also need to rearrange the current storage area (which will eventually be the interns' office area - that's right, former interns, the new interns will actually have their own office! Of course, they will have to use card tables for their desks, but they will have walls and a door!). If I can get something a bit more organized in that closet, I will feel that it has been a productive day.

I may even do some laminating today.

Tomorrow is going to be dedicated to my own business pursuits. I am going to finish my CBMT revisions and send them back to the review committee, generate some content, and finish the first edition of my newsletter. It's finished, but needs some pizazz in order to be a bit more visually stimulating. The launch date is on April 30th, so subscribe at this link! I am excited about finally finishing so many projects that I've dreamt about over the years this week! It is a bit overwhelming at times, but I'm finding the excitement more important and the anxiety.

Finally, it is Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA