Almost There - Two Mini-Breaks

A book that I love, Bridget Jones' Diary, introduced me to a lovely term - "mini-break." I love that term - and all it implies. I get to have two mini-breaks this next week along with only two days of group sessions. Of course, I also have to work extra hours and spend time sitting in my room while others do conferences, but that's okay. I can do that to get two three-day weekends.

What is so compelling about a mini-break?

It's a brief change from what usually happens and tends to be something different from the norm. In the book, Bridget gets whisked away to a hotel for a romantic getaway. My mini-breaks are not so exotic or exciting. Mine are simply days to luxuriate in relaxation away from the stressors of work. They are still very important to me.

My Monday break will include a Doctor's appointment and avoiding an inservice. My Friday break has nothing as a priority at this time. I anticipate some cooking, some cleaning, some movie watching, and some naps during my mini-breaks. I might even tackle the shredding that I need to do.

I'm going to head to work now for a day of individual sessions. When this day is over, I'll be on my mini-break. I am looking forward to it!

~later...

mj

Comments

  1. I think prioritizing nothing should be the priority on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA