The Difference A Day Makes

Yesterday, at this time, I was debating to myself about whether or not I should go to work. I opted not to do so since I had a massive headache. So, I kept myself at home to stay quiet and still. It was well worth it.

Today is another day.

I've got a full day of music therapy sessions ahead. In addition, I have to finish my documentation before I leave and figure out what I'm going to use as my session outlines for next week. I will also put the Orff instruments back into the closet and rearrange my room to accommodate whatever I select for my session outlines.

The day-to-day routine of any music therapist fascinates me. I like knowing how each therapist plans his or her day. I like seeing ways that tools can simplify routines and help out with things like planning, scheduling, and organization. I often wonder if what I find efficient is something that will transfer to another therapist's daily routine.

To that end, I recently put together a format for a web-based form that will make my reporting duties as a CBMT provider easier. This simplifies one part of my professional life. I think I can transfer this form into other parts of clinical life as well - intern evaluation, client documentation, surveys. It's something small, but it will be helpful for me when it comes to compiling reporting information to CBMT next year.

How do you structure your environment to make things work for you? Is there an area in your professional life that needs something else to make it more efficient? I welcome any and all comments.

I hope that this day is a good one for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment