TME Tuesday: Everybody Loves Saturday Night - A Musical Piece Without TME

I am sitting here, wondering what in the world to write about today, and suddenly I remember that it's Tuesday! Hooray!! It's a TME Tuesday post. No more thinking required!

Here's a song that I just love.

Saturday night. What a wonderful concept!
 
Now, just in case you are looking at the languages written here with a critical eye, please know that I learned this from my ID who had written these down. This is a card that I wrote down during my time as a Rehabilitation Therapist (Music), but I learned the actual song at my internship. (All of that information is actually included in these pictures...)

So, what could you do with this song during your music therapy session?

I use it (or have used it...it's been some time since this song came up on my music therapy repertoire radar...I should use it in therapy again...hmmm) in lots of different ways. I spend time using the song to structure making music, to reinforce leisure choices, and for entrainment purposes. I change the musical elements to reflect what is happening in the music therapy session.

When you hear a new song, how do you listen to it? I usually listen first to the music and the lyrics. Then, when I listen to it again, I have my therapist ears on. I start thinking.

Would my clients like this song? Is is appropriate to use with them? What goals/objectives could it address? What else could I do with this music? If I switched this element, what would happen to the music offered during the session?

After all of that, I use it and see what happens in the therapy session.

Enjoy your Tuesday - we are one more day closer to Saturday Night!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA