TME Tuesday: We Like To Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat!

I had a moment last week when I had five minutes left in a session, and I asked my students what they wanted to sing about. They chose food, and I rapidly flipped through my mental file of food-based songs and wasn't satisfied with any of them. So, I made one up on the spot.

It seemed to be pretty popular - kids started singing right away, which is usually my indication that they are attending and interested in what is happening. After the session, I jotted down the melody and the words so it wouldn't get away!

Here is it, in its roughest form - solfege and lyrics. I haven't done the rhythm yet - that will take some time with the composition software that I just don't have at the moment - but here it is. I sing it with lots of syncopation (which I love when I am composing songs). To read this format, please note that all words are one syllable and each word has its own note (except for the last one which can be anything - change the rhythm to fit the word, but do not change the melody).

We Like to Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat
Therapeutic Music Experience
Mary Jane Landaker, MME, MT-BC

Copyright 2016 by Mary Jane Landaker, MME, MT-BC. All Rights Reserved.

D D L S M S L D

We like to eat, eat, eat, eat, eat!

D D L S S M M R

We like to eat, eat, eat, eat, eat! 

D D L S M S L D

We like to eat, eat, eat, eat, eat!

M M R R R D

We like to eat __________! 

Eventually I will develop this into a full-blown therapeutic music experience, but today is not that day. I have the melody written down, so it is fixed. I have used it a couple of times in sessions since its composition, and clients are responding. Right now, it is just a little song.  Eventually it will be a full-fledged TME.

Happy Tuesday, dear reader!! Go into the world singing!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA