TME Tuesday: The Snow Is Coming

Our first Winter Weather Advisory is due to start in about 4.5 hours. We're supposed to get 2 inches of snow covered by a nice coating of ice in about 12 hours. I do not like snow, but ice is worse for me.

Anyway, in honor of our blizzard-type weather coming on its way to our locale - here is a TME idea. Do you know those rain storms that we therapists (and others) do with clients? You know, the ones where you use rain instruments like rain sticks and shakers, and then thunder tubes and ocean drums to make it sound like rain? How about making a blizzard instead?

For me and mine, the blizzard idea means changing some of the instruments. I tend to go with the metallic rhythm instruments to get a more frosty sound. Other than that, the TME pretty much stays the same. I tend to use a script so my clients know what's going on in our story, but a script is not necessary with clients who can image on their own.

I tried to do this last week with my clients, but many of them were just interested in playing the instruments - not doing something purposeful. If tomorrow is a snow day, we will do blizzards in the music therapy room. If not, who knows!

P.S. if you want more information about the therapeutic purposes of this TME, please consider purchasing sing about winter - it includes this TME as well as many other winter-themed TMEs and resources.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA