Unhealthy Practices

It's Wednesday.

I know why this day is such a difficult day for me. There are lots of reasons that basically add up to this is always a long day. I know that my attitude has lots to do with what happens during the day, but my attitude is constantly tested by this day.

I am going to try something different.

Today, I am going to try to relax and enjoy what happens with students. I am going to enjoy the kids who are actively engaging. I am going to revel in the fact that my students feel comfortable enough to act out in music therapy and express their negativity in authentic ways. I am going to try my best to stay in charge of what is going on in all four of my sessions.

How am I going to do this?

I am going to eat lots of chocolate. I am going to get breakfast from McDonalds and then eat lots of chocolate. I am going to stay hydrated. I am going to make some music for myself, and I am going to finish a prayer shawl for my church group.

This is my last Wednesday (probably) for the calendar year, so I can keep moving forward through this day.

Does anyone have any chocolate? Just kidding - I have PLENTY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA