It's Finally Here!

I'm sitting in the conference hotel, on the Mezzanine level, plugged into a charging station, thinking about what I should be doing instead of just enjoying this moment. So, I'm going to take a bit of time to just be mindful of what I am doing and where I am in this moment - begone, Shoulda Monster!!!

I am here, surrounded by music therapists arriving from all around the world. There is a professor of music therapy sitting across from me right now, reading the Board Book for her position on the Assembly of Delegates. I've seen several friends walking by, and many, many others who are not friends yet, but who have a distinctive "music therapy" look. If you are one of us, you know what I mean. If you are not, then, just trust me, we have a look. As it is the morning before the opening session, people are either in courses or just wandering around, getting organized. It is a wonderful thing to be surrounded by people that love doing the same things that you love to do, and this is definitely the place where I feel that the most strongly. I am ready to be rejuvenated.

Back to regular thought...

I have simultaneously lots to do and less to do than usual. I have a bit of time before my next obligation, so I am going to do some reading and writing and thinking about some stuff I've been putting off for the last several months. I have to be able to coherent when I talk about this tomorrow afternoon, so I guess it is time to get going.

I get to lead a continuing education course this afternoon with a bunch of women that I really enjoy and respect. There may be glitter. There may not. There will definitely be chocolate (and other, less useful candy for those who do not like chocolate - that's a completely different topic that deserves much discussion and contemplation - later, of course). 

I haven't seen my usual friends yet, but I know they are here. They keep posting things on Twitter and Facebook that indicates that I am just missing them. We will see each other eventually. I have seen lots of other friends who have passed by this seat on the Mezzanine. If you are here - stop by. I anticipate that I will be here for the next several hours, at least! I am trying to avoid too much walking, so will set up a corner of the world for myself.

I went down to the Take-A-Chance Drawing tables and saw my stuff. I need to take pictures later to post of the finished result. There isn't an actual basket. I tried to get things set up in the basket, but it just didn't look good enough and the logistics of the winner having to figure out how to get the basket home was just too much for me to handle, so I bought a cake box for them to store stuff in. It's square so it should be a bit easier to stuff into a suitcase, but can also be thrown away if the winner doesn't want to keep it. I hope people want the stuff I'm producing, but if they don't then okay. I'll keep making it for me.

Time to post this and get to work reading and thinking and writing. See you VERY soon!!

I am so glad to be here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA