5:09 On A Monday Morning

There are lots of things that go through a person's mind when they are up early on a Monday morning. Things like, "what am I going to do with my students today?" to "ice cream CAN be part of a well-balanced breakfast." I need to ponder that last thought for a moment...


...and done.

There are times when my mind becomes so busy that sleep is not possible (that didn't happen last night). There are times when my mind flits from topic to topic very quickly (that is happening this morning, for some reason). When this happens, I try to channel some of the thoughts into productive tasks and outcomes. Right now, I am attempting to fix some of these thoughts sliding through my mind onto this blog.
  • I have several time-framed things to do in the next 3 days - finish up a form for AMTA (I'm donating several books and visual aids to the Take A Chance Drawing this year - ooh, and a subscription); a CMTE proposal for the Midwestern Regional Conference; helping out with a proposal for the European Music Therapy Conference for next year; and an 8-minute powerpoint presentation for this year's AMTA Conference... I should be able to knock out some of those tasks today.
  • My home needs some deep cleaning, one little bit at a time. I think today's task should be the cat's food area. She likes to push the nondesirable bits off her plate onto the floor. It needs to be cleared. I can do that when I get home tonight as I am feeding her. She'll LOVE that!
  • I need to order food for this evening since I haven't made anything recently.
  • My Christmas pile is growing, but I don't have anything for my mother, brother, or oldest nephew yet. I've got to spend time thinking about what to get for everyone. It has to be completed by November 25th so I can send everything out since I won't be home this year.
  • I don't have to agree with everyone about everything. If folks don't like what I have to say, they don't have to engage with me (in any way, at any time).
  • Life is too short to engage in petty arguments. Agree to disagree and move on. There is value in being around people who have different ideas than you, but there is also value in choosing the ideas that provide you some sort of satisfaction, support, and challenge.
  • I have a bunch of laminating to do today. I like laminating with my machine. Gone are the days when I had to wrestle with Contact Paper!
So, the plan for today is to go to work, figure out something to do with my clients, do those things, spend time thinking about my current work tasks, and then come home. Once home, I will clean the cat's food area of extra kibble and organize the shelving right next to her plate. I will order either pizza or chinese food for dinner. After that, I'll do some work on the proposals. Then I'll go to sleep.

Now, at 5:44 (I spent quite a bit of time in contemplating the concept of ice cream), I have a plan, my brain is slowing down, and I feel that I am about ready to move into the day.

Happy Monday, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA