A Rare Saturday Indeed

I have an agenda that has nothing to do with anyone other than myself today. Sounds pretty selfish, doesn't it? I have no obligations to interact with anyone outside of my home on this Saturday. It is a glorious thought. 

In order to celebrate, I am going to flit around my home doing chores that I've not been getting to as much as I should lately. I am currently doing laundry (it REALLY needs to be done), including sheets, comforter, and mattress cover. Laundry will continue throughout the day in an effort to get things organized and clean. I am watching various things on Netflix. I will be going to the recycling receptacle on my way to the Dollar Tree for organization stuff and potato chips. I get to do some composition, some writing, and some making things. I have the goal of organizing two of my office shelves today before I crash. I also want to start brainstorming about Christmas gifts for my family members - I'm a bit behind right now...

The best thing about a day without obligation is that it is truly a gift of self-care. It is wonderful to be able to figure out my own agenda and then see it through. So far, I've made my plan.

Time to get started... I hope you get a day with no outside obligations soon as well! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA