Let the Anxiety Dreams Begin...

I woke up really early this morning and it was due to some strange dreams that I was having. This has happened before and will happen again. My subconscious often takes over when I am trying to either figure out a sticky situation or when something big is happening in my life. This is going on right now.

Today's dream was about finding clothing to wear. 

The anxious part was that the clothing, while it was engaging and seemed to be a good idea, cost money. I didn't want to spend the money, but did at the same time.

Over the years, I've had anxiety dreams about my audition to voice lessons, my sister and her non-existent children, my workplace burning down, clients falling into bottomless pits of mud, and various and sundry other things. The dreams seem to be ways of making the things that I'm nervous about into absurdities. That doesn't make them any less nerve-racking, but it does give me a giggle - once the dream has passed, and I've had a time to think about the dream themes. 

These dreams will probably continue for some time as I have some time before this situation resolves itself.

On another note, I wish I could find the skirt that I dreamed about. It was very pretty, but I rarely spend $80 on a skirt. They were buy one, get one, but there wasn't another skirt that I wanted. Oh, the anxiety!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA