Favorite Things Friday - The Musini

I love these things.

Have you ever seen one before? These are Musinis. I got my first one from my mom and my sister who found it at their favorite thrift store. I turned it on and was hooked! The bigger one (pictured below) was in a huge stack of old board games that was donated. I swooped in and grabbed it before anyone else found it. After that, another little one mysteriously showed up in one of my recent music rooms. So, I now have three Musini (I assume that the plural is just the "i" ending, but have also used the version with the "s" at the end just in case...) 


The Musini (singular) is a motion-sensored toy that plays music when it perceives movement in the environment. It doesn't have a beam or anything, but responds to stomps, wiggles, and movements. You can change the sensitivity to encourage large or small movements with your clients, and the musical selections are also easily changed or adapted.

I first used this with my students with multiple symptoms who required pervasive levels of support. I had one little guy who really had a "cause and effect" realization during our first session with the Musini. He started to engage in a way that he had not engaged before - purposeful movements to create music. That "cause and effect" realization led us all into large group improvisations and blues-fests. I don't think we would have ended up there if he hadn't used the Musini. (Of course, this cannot be quantified, but that was the first time he seemed to understand that He was the one who was making those sounds!)

Here's the description from Amazon:

E=MC2! Neurosmith's revolutionary Musini magically converts your child's energy into music and creativity! Musini's patented MagicSensor transforms any room into a musical playground where every step, turn, touch, and tap activates a unique musical response. Children simply select their favorite musical styles and instruments and start moving! Musini does the rest - sensing the strength and speed of each vibration and responding with a totally personal and unique musical composition. Mini-maestros explore tempos, rhythmic patterns, and musical structures and they'll never make the same masterpiece twice! Musini encourages physical expression and creativity, rewarding each movement with inspiring music. Children can also explore various musical styles, instruments, tempos, and structures, cultivating a deeper understanding and lifelong appreciation of music.

I agree with the description. If you can find one, and you don't want it, PLEASE send it to me!!

Thanks, all.

Happy Friday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA