Favorite Things Friday - Something I Cannot Live Without!

Drum roll, please...

Today's favorite thing is a toss-up between Velcro and super sticky post-it notes!

These are two of my favorite tools for music therapy. I always have plenty of both around me so I can access them at a moment's notice! I know, I know, you think that these things are a bit obvious, but since this is my favorite thing day - here's a list of things to consider using these things for...
  1. Put fluffy Velcro on anything that will stay put during a TME. So, if the TME is centered around a file folder, put the loop Velcro onto the file folder and the hook side onto the pieces that you move around. Then, if you need to, you can place the hook-sided pieces on the carpet, on your shirt, in your hair to demonstrate specific topics. Having the hook Velcro on the moving pieces gives you options.
  2. I keep super sticky post-it notes in my car. When a thought strikes, I have these notes at my fingertips. I know that hurtling down the highway at 73 miles per hour is not the optimal time for writing notes to yourself, but I can put a brief idea on a note and then stick it to my dashboard. The notes stick pretty well, and I can then take the note with me when I get home or to work. I like the shapes and colors, too!
  3. Velcro pens and pencils to stick to your storage boxes and bags. That way, you always have a writing implement within reach.
  4. Post-its are the perfect size for writing down melodies when you are improvising. They are also a great size for placing on the side of the guitar to remind you of things that you need to remember during the middle of sessions. They are unobtrusive - most of the time people don't even notice them.
Super sticky post-it notes and Velcro, these are a few of my favorite things...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA