I Wonder...

(WARNING: I'm feeling somewhat unsettled and uncertain of things, so am tending to go into a philosophical state of mind...)

I wonder what the field of music therapy will look like in the year 2034.
One of my greatest wishes for music therapy is that the clients who could benefit would be able to access music therapy whenever and wherever they are. To that end, I think that music therapy will become a master's entry-level profession. I really think it has to.

I wonder what I'll be doing in the year 2034.
I'll be 64. Yikes! I hope that I will be getting ready to retire from my full-time music therapy job to go into semi-retirement. I hope I will still be working with clients and fellow music therapists at that time. I also hope that I will have won the lottery so I can afford to retire. That last one probably won't happen...

How will music therapy change in the next 20 years?
It amazes me how much music therapy has changed in the last 20 years. Our way of sharing music, thoughts, and techniques has changed significantly as technology has changed. I have moved from cassette tapes and CDs in books and books to one small device that holds my entire music library. I used to have to go to the library to find information. Now I just go to my little computer and look it up online. What will happen in the next 20 years? Will all music be available via small devices that we take with us everywhere? What will we know about music and the brain that we don't know now? I can't wait to find out!!

That's all I'm wondering about right now. Gotta go to work, so see you tomorrow for TME Tuesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA