Envisioning My Future

The biggest message that I got from the Online Conference for Music Therapy this past weekend was that I really want to define my role in the music therapy world in a way that makes sense for me and my future.

Whew.

Many of the selected presentations were about mindfulness, self-care, business development, and finding our own places in the world. So, this started me thinking about my website, my wish to offer continuing music therapy education courses, and my love of making therapy tools for others to use. I also started thinking about my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to my goals in life. So, I am going to take some time to process through the things I want for myself and for my little place in the music therapy world.

Does anyone else want to join me? I'm going to hold a webinar on March 20th about Visioning Your Own Music Therapy Future to share what I've learned as well as to share the journey with other music therapists. If you are interested in joining me, please check out the website, www.musictherapyworks.com, and look at the Webinars and Courses page for more details.

I'm starting my vision board in my art journal. I may share these thoughts here, I may not. It will be an interesting journey, I am sure.

The things I know for sure right now are that I want to stay involved with the internship committee of AMTA, I want to continue to be a member of the Board that I am on, and I want to offer courses, trainings, and products to music therapists from all over. These are things I know. The rest is up for debate...

Off to start visioning my future...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA