Therapeutic Music Experiences - Sharing with Others

It is fun to get together with other music therapists and hear what they do with their clients. I am always enriched when I can talk to another therapist about how they use music with their clients. I am often challenged to view my own interactions with clients in different ways after talking to other music therapists. So, because of those reasons, I have manufactured opportunities to meet with other music therapists for the sole purpose of sharing ideas of things to do with various clients.

This evening is the first meeting of a three month series of Therapeutic Music Experiences (TME) Swap Shops. (You can register at:
http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=EA50D886894C39 if you are interested in joining us). I am hoping that this evening's discussion will be more than just me sharing ideas. I need some new thoughts to keep me challenged!

I like these types of interactions. There is something invigorating about hearing a new song offered by a creative music therapist in a different setting that stirs up my creativity. I may not be able to replicate an original song by a music therapist who shares with me, but I can get a spark that allows me to create something either similar or something inspired by that therapist. It is nice to get a new idea or two from talking to others.

This type of interaction with others is something that many of us lack in our jobs. I know that I am the only person at my facility who uses music in a therapeutic manner as the basis for all interactions with clients, so there really isn't anyone that I can network with to get that creative surge. Since I am lonely, it makes sense to use social media to talk to other therapists who are in similar situations.

Eleven hours to go. Can't wait!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA