In a Winter Wonderland

During this school year, my normal Friday routine has changed from large group, multi-disciplinary sessions focused on things like problem solving and discovery learning to music therapy sessions based on a monthly theme. This month's theme is Winter. This morning's weather is offering lots of inspiration for planning for these sessions.

There is about an inch or two of new snow on the ground outside. I am not sure if the snow has stopped yet or not, but the weather has covered everything with a glittering white layer covering all the slush and pre-plowed snow. Now, I do not usually wax rhapsodical about snow since it is really nothing but a hindrance to things I have to do, but I currently have the flu again (the high fever may have something to do with this post) and am not going to my morning job, so I can just appreciate the beauty outside rather than worrying about how to get from point A to point B.

I think this month is the time to introduce some of my students to epsom salt snow. Others will get to write snow poems, and all of us will have a paper ball snowball fight! It will be a fun way to celebrate the season and focus on winter-type music making and singing.

So, here is the plan -
Opening Song
Vivaldi's Winter
Paper snowball fights
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
Winter rap - poetry about snow, winter, ice, etc.
Wyndham Hill Winter music
Epsom Salt Snow Sensory Experience
Clean-up
Closing Song

It should be a good plan for our students. We shall see.

Now, it is time to get rid of all of this snow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA