Hello, 2014!

Happy second day of the new year! I hope that you are getting along okay in this glorious 2014!

Today, I arrived at my house at 1:15am after being delayed through the airport and then crawling home at 40mph on slick and icy roads. The cat seemed happy to see me and promptly sat on top of me for the remainder of sleep time. I then got up, much to her dismay, and ventured out into the snowy world for an inservice day at work. I was there early and was able to clean up the space a bit just in time to welcome intern #21 back and to officially welcome intern #22 to her internship.

During the day, I spent some time talking to the teaching staff about the influence of sound on our bodies. Tomorrow, I will add some to the spiel to talk to our paraeducators about what happens when sound is in the environment, AND how we can change our sound environment to affect change in our clients' lives. It should be pretty interesting tomorrow when we have this talk.

After all of that was finished, I spent time with intern #22 talking about orientation and dismissal things. After that, I spent some time with my guitar, composing songs. I left work, went to get free fast food, and am now sitting in my bedroom watching the cat smile at me (we had to rub her down with dryer sheets to decrease her static electricity). Now she is sitting quietly just looking at me from a safe distance.

On a down note, I found yet another toilet leak in my apartment, but the apartment owner was there when I went to pay rent, and I told him about the issue. The toilet should be fixed tomorrow - more stress for the cat who is just now getting over being abandoned with the pet sitter for a time. She should be ready to claw my eyes out by tomorrow after work...

Anyway, it was nice to get back into a music composition routine. I don't know if I will ever use the songs that I composed today, but it has been a long time since I have written a new song, and now there are TWO!

TWO NEW SONGS!

Happy creativity to you!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment