The Exception That Proves the Rule

So, you may have read through my rant about not liking the music saturation that pervades the months of October through December. Now, the music that is the exception to my rule of no music (outside of work, of course)...

John Denver and the Muppets

This album of music just warms my heart in ways that no other seasonal music does or can. I love these songs, mainly because I grew up with the Muppets and have ALWAYS loved John Denver. This album puts me right into the mood of the holiday season, no matter where I am, what I am doing, or who I am with at the moment.

There aren't too many people out there (that I've found, anyway) that share my enthusiasm for this collection of songs, but I still love them all! It is difficult for me to pick my favorite song, but here I go...

Best for a giggle - Twelve Days of Christmas (especially Miss Piggy!)
The ones that make me cry - Noel: Christmas Eve 1913, When the River Meets the Sea, and Silent Night

The others are also great, but not ones that I have to experience before I feel the spirit of the season.

I hope there is some music out there that you love the way I love this album. Something that spurs happy memories, that can make you giggle and cry in the space of minutes, and that offers you a chance to feel something that you do not always feel.

Happy Holidays, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA