Sick Day: The Sequel

Today is the second day of my sick day hiatus. I am feeling better, less dizziness, higher temperature (which is good since I was at 96.9 degrees most of yesterday), and better feelings, but I am still not great. My body does not often run a temperature when I'm fighting off something. My intern emailed me and said that she was running a temperature and not feeling well, so I guess I got the germs before she did. 

So, it's time for another sick day. Since I am feeling better, I am going to try to do a bit more around the house today. We will see how much I can get done before I crash. Laundry will be on the list as well as dishes and maybe cat food shopping later.

I'm now in sickness limbo - feeling better but not quite great. Concerned that if I go back too soon I'll be back here later on. Yesterday was a day full of errors - I missed a webinar for the first time ever (date mix-up), too little attention given to tasks, and just plain old funk. I was in a daze and am just now getting over it (I hope and think).

Sick days. There is a time for taking time off and getting better. I have to do this now and again - take time off from my primary responsibilities and be selfish. I am not being selfish taking time off, but there it is. That's how I feel when I take that time off for illness. I have to remind myself that it is better for my students not to get music therapy for a day than to get sick because I am sitting there breathing all over them or to get horrible music therapy because I am still in a funk and am not able to do my job. So, it is time for another sick day.

The hardest thing to do during a sick day is to rest. I get the "Shoulda, coulda, woulda" goblins (see the post on 9/2/13 for more about these goblins) and just cannot sleep, sit, and rest. The goblins try to take over, and I have to keep them at bay. It is time to focus on rest and rejuvenation so I can get back to the music therapy clinic and good, solid music therapy interaction with my clients.

So, today I will rest, take a shower, do some laundry, and run a webinar this evening (the date that should have been advertised instead of yesterday's date - bleurgh!). I hope that today goes better than yesterday did, and I am hoping that tomorrow is even better.

So, that's all for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA