Vacating for Vacation

I am now, officially, on Spring Break.

The rest of the faculty at my facility have to go to an inservice day, but I do not! This is the benefit of being essential staff on inclement weather days - beautiful spring days off at a time of my choosing! So, rather than sitting in the music room, completing tasks that are completely unrelated to my job, designed to be "team-building." My idea of what is appropriate "team-building" looks VERY different from dancing the Harlem Shake. REALLY!

Anyway, it is time for vacation.

I feel strongly that the purpose of vacation is to "vacate."

In the vein of self-care, the next several days will be devoted to things home- related rather than job-related. Of course, being a music therapist, I cannot completely stop thinking of music as a therapeutic medium, but I am going to make what I want, do what I want, and focus on things that are more globally music therapy rather than on my facility.

So, it is now time for vacation. The only thing on my agenda for today is a doctor's appointment for the sole purpose of renewing my prescriptions. After that, I will do some grocery shopping while I fill my medications. Then, back to the sunshine and 70+ degree weather for the rest of the day. I am ready to take naps, make gifts, clean, and read books.

Ah, vacation.

By the way, there will probably be more posts this week as I start to get bored with my own company and will need to reach out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA