Snow Day #3

We have survived four snow days in the past five work days.

This may not sound very impressive, but when you work as an essential staff member on inclement weather days, 4/5 of a week where schedules are different from the norm is quite a strain.

All of us are loopy. The kids are not enjoying the "fun" schedule anymore, and the staff are tired of the same schedule! We heard that there may be snow day #5 tomorrow. We are not amused.

Yesterday, I had no good ideas for what to do in my music therapy sessions.

I woke up (because I slept at work to avoid having to drive in the snow storm), and thought, "Cripes! What am I going to do with the kids today?" I started folding up my blankets from my sleepover, and inspiration struck!

Snow Day Fort!

I put all of the blankets on a circle of chairs, using clothespins to keep it all together. We crawled in and played "rain" instruments.


 
Can you believe it? My students couldn't!

The reactions of my students were interesting. One young gentleman sat down on it (I think he thought it was a hammock. It wasn't!!). He laughed when he fell down taking one side of the fort along with him. Some kids refused to enter, which was fine. Others couldn't stay away from it and had to be dragged from the fort when their time was over. We played the instruments, hoping for warmer weather and rain to wash the snow away from here! 

That rain chant didn't work its magic yet, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA