Rest

Forgive me for rambling a bit, but my brain appears to have shut down for vacation!!

It is time for a rest.

I am currently at my parents' home, away from my usual routine, and enjoying some time where there are little to no demands placed upon me. A week of rest is a luxury in my life, but one that is a necessity at times. My problem? I keep thinking about all the things I could be doing if I was at home rather than away. Sigh.

The holiday was a good one for me as a music therapist. My family members gave me various and sundry items that will enhance my therapy practice. Some new instruments, several new games, and a VERY interesting device that seems to be called, Symphony in B. Doesn't this thing look cool? I cannot wait to get things going with my little bits with diagnoses of autism spectrum disorder! You move the instrument pieces into a center area and press play. After that, you hear music with the different instruments and can change songs. Let me tell you, my brain is full of "I wonder if" statements!

I really enjoy getting into a time where my brain starts to think about being a music therapist again. This signals to me that my period of rest has done its job - a time away from all things that frustrate me about my job and a time of renewal. I haven't had this type of feeling about being ready to get back to the work of a music therapist for quite a long time. It is nice to know that things appear to be returning to the status quo.

I may not see you before 2013. If not, have a great and safe New Year's celebration wherever you may be!

Happy New Year's, music therapy friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment