Guest Entry: Bella-Cat

Bella-cat here. 

Every so often, I take over the keyboard to express myself. It is time for my opinions on the challenges of living with a music therapist. Sorry if this offends some of you, but there are just some things that need to be expressed about living here with a person that sings CONSTANTLY!

I have been living here for six and a half years. In that time, I have learned countless songs about pumpkins, expressing feelings, independence, and any number of other topics. I am often asked, "What do you think?" I always express my opinions, but it is anyone's guess whether my opinions actually make it into the music therapy session.

I often stumble across some form of file folder or visual aid lying on the floor freshly printed and colored, waiting to be laminated. I evaluate each one and communicate my pleasure or displeasure through what I sit upon. If I like something, I sit on top of it, giving it the Bella-cat stamp of approval. If I don't like something, I shred it with my claws. (Sometimes I mix up my signs of approval/disapproval just to keep folks guessing about what I need to say!).

Yesterday, I was grabbed out of nowhere and was danced around for the length of an entire song!

I'm telling you - this living with a music therapist is a challenge that is unspoken! Nobody told me about the constant singing, the music going all the time, and the impromptu dance breaks!! Now, I'm a cat, and I just want to sleep, eat, and find some sunshine most of the time. I can't do that because of this therapist that I live with from 4:30pm until 6am. Thank goodness this therapist has a job that takes her out of the house for prime sleeping hours. When she is on a school break, she spends all of her time coming up with new songs, playing the guitar, and making things to use in her job. She spends lots of time asking my opinion - which I give, loudly.

Alright, time to go, but keep in mind that living with a music therapist is not always the quiet time that you might think.

 Sincerely,

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA