Music Therapy Power

So, my adventures in organizing led me to clean out my front closet this morning. I pulled out box after box of old work objects and supplies and managed to get to the bottom of the closet and all the boxes!

As I was going through one of the boxes, I found this small pin.

Now, I have NO idea how I got this pin, but as I am a self-avowed pack rat, I am sure that it was part of a conference at one time or another. (If anyone out there recognizes where it came from, please let me know!) Finding it has led me to start thinking...

I know, I know, thinking always leads to strange blog posts. I make no guarantees that my train of thought will make any sense at all, but here goes...

Music therapists tend to be a very passionate, very dedicated lot. We know that music is a powerful therapeutic medium that encourages participation, motivation, and movement towards therapeutic goals and objectives. We know the power of music because we experience that power every day.

How do we express the power of music and music therapy to those who do not know anything about it?

Feel the power! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA