48 Hours and Counting...

My part of school starts in 48 hours. There are three, count them, THREE days of teacher in-services before students start back to school. Friday's schedule contains signing up for health benefits and a review of Safe Crisis Management - a behavior management system used at my facility. The rest of the day will be a work day. My former intern is getting married in Oklahoma, and my current intern is attending the wedding, so I will be by myself at school on Friday. Monday and Tuesday are meeting days - lots of sitting and looking interested as we review the characteristics of persons with diagnoses on the Autism Spectrum.

I am currently trying to shut down vacation mode and get back into work mode. 

Vacation mode is full of lazy days, limited tasks, and attempts to organize my life. Work mode is made up of scheduling, thinking about music as a therapeutic tool, and practicing my functional skills. 

My major task for the next 48 hours is to pack the car with materials to take to work. That is all. That is one of the beauties of vacation mode - limited tasks per day. Once work mode is back in full swing, I will have lots of things that I have to do each and every day. So, I am going to enjoy my last 48 hours of vacation before going into work mode.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA