Project Drawer and Happiness Project Updates

So, the happiness project that I have taken up during the summer months has been pretty good for me both as a therapist and as a person. I have been spending as much time as possible training my brain to find the positive in things. My biggest challenge to this summer of positivity has been my co-workers - several are displaying signs of burnout. I have had to make decisions about who to spend time around at work. Some of the decisions have been difficult, others easy as I continue to move towards training my amygdala towards thinking in a positive vein rather than in a negative vein.

Some of the other happiness project things that I have been trying to complete include my project drawer. The project drawer is where I put all of my ideas that are not fully fleshed out until I can get some time to complete them. The problem is that I never really seem to have time to complete anything. This summer, I am making time.

Last week's challenge was a file folder visual aid for the song, On Top of Spaghetti. I finished it. I drew pictures for the words, and then figured out how to put the entire song on a file folder. I'll use it in the Fall when I get my clients back from my current intern. We will work on picture recognition, word recognition, and sequencing with this folder. It is ready to go. 


In addition to finishing the Spaghetti song, I also laminated four musical Mad-Lib folders that have been sitting in the folder drawer for years. By laminating these folders, I can use my dry erase markers in my sessions.

So, this week's goals are finished. Next week's goal is a game. I'm not sure what the game will address, but I will.

Thanks for reading as I have been figuring out things this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA