Happiness Initiative Update - The End of the Summer

So.

The summer session at work has ended and with it a part of the happiness initiative that I took on for my own well-being.

The past few days have included struggles with thinking about positive things happening around me. So, I have wallowed a bit in the realm of negativity. I will get back to positivity! I like myself and so many others so much more when I can easily see positive things and am feeling happy.

It is now Fall Break. For the next two weeks, I am blissfully unencumbered and have very little to do except clean, sleep, catch up on projects, vote in the primary, go to Office Depot's Star Teacher Appreciation Breakfast, attend Aida at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, start a research project, color things, make Christmas gifts, clean and rearrange the bedroom, and chase the cat. Whew.

I think most of my recent struggle with my happiness initiative has been related to the environment surrounding me. It is very hot. Now, I am from Southern California and used to go camping in the 115 degree heat, but I am now from Kansas and am not used to the humidity and the concept of heat indices. Blech. Anyway, I am hot all the time. That makes me a bit touchy. My clients are also touchy - probably for the same reason.

My music is also showing my deviation from the happiness initiative. I started writing a song the other day about my level of boredom. (I do not usually focus on such topics, but I know that my music often reflects what others feel, so I persevere.) It was an uninteresting little ditty.

As a result, I have decided that some wallowing in the ugh mood is warranted. If I do not acknowledge this feeling and accept it, the negativity will not go away. So, here is a dark patch that will gradually lighten up.

The first step?

Acknowledge the grumpiness for what it is - a mood and a feeling that I can change when I am ready.

The next step?

Find a project to do for today. How about a picture using only circles sparked by a blog that I like? I could do that!

Heading slowly back into happiness...

See you there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA