The End of a Good Thing and the Beginning of Another

Today is the last day of my summer break. Tomorrow, I go back to work for our Extended School Year. It is time to get back into the therapy groove, into supervisor mode, and finding new ways to engage clients in using music to reach their goals.

Vacation is one of the best things to refresh my work ethic.

I enjoy time off, but I also enjoy my job. There is something about being alone for an extended period of time to reinforce that I enjoy being around my clients. I look forward to getting back into the routine of groups, individual sessions, and daily interaction with people.


Over the past week, I have spent time by myself. This is an essential part of my renewal and refreshing routine. I looked through my music therapy texts, songbooks, and TME file. I have completed a project and have started a couple more (of course!). I am now getting back into "work mode," and I am starting to make plans for the next seven weeks of summer school.


There are several things that I want to accomplish in the next two months. The first is survive the session. The second is to start a new focused therapy group format with some of my higher functioning kids. The third is to enjoy some time away from work.


The end of vacation is the beginning of a good thing. Talk to you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA