Getting Ready for the AMTA Conference

It is October.

This month of Halloween is also the month before the annual American Music Therapy Association national conference. I am a habitual presenter and now, as a member of two committees, I always have to get ready for the conference this month as well. 

I always have this realization that time is running out at about this time of year.

This year, music therapists from the United States and other countries around the world will be converging on Atlanta. This is the second time in my career that we will visit the state of Georgia, and I am looking forward to both the conference and the opportunity to visit my family members in the greater Atlanta area.

I highly recommend that music therapists attend the national conference. It is an opportunity to meet many like-minded people - all interested in the use of music to affect change in the lives of others - and it is an opportunity to remember that we are not alone in our ideas, interests, and professional lives. I am always overwhelmed with the information that I learn during the conference. I also enjoy being a presenter and sharing the information that I have discovered over the years.


So, I am off to finish my electronic presentation, my CMTE notes, my meeting agenda, and my schedule. I hope to see you in Atlanta!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA