Eleven Days and Counting...

We have ten more days of school left for the 2009-2010 year. Music therapy sessions are taken up right now with graduation song rehearsal, talent show panics, and a little bit of therapy going on. There are times when I get caught up in the excitement of the end of the school year, and there are times when I just sit and think about how much there is to do before the summer session starts in 27 days.

In eleven days, I will be on vacation, A break, a rest, a time away from the rest of the world. I will have completed another school year, another year of church choir, and another year of working towards my Ph.D. I have made good progress this past year in both my professional and personal goals.

In the next ten days, I have to keep myself focused on the kids that I work for. Their treatment is, as always, more important than getting the words completely right during graduation. It is more important than whether I put everything back in its place in the music room and is more important than my vacation.

It is important to address the challenges that they have in their lives. It is important to have fun while doing that, and it is important to continue to challenge them to grow as human beings. We have some things to face in the next couple of weeks. Some kids will be discharged and others will not. Some will go on visits to their families and some will not. Some will have appropriate behavior levels and will earn trips and activities, others will not.

Focus on therapy,

Focus on the kids for ten more days.

Then, blissful lack of focus for 17 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA