2008 is almost over. It has been a busy year with many therapeutic "A-ha" moments for me as well as MANY "oh-no" moments. Here are a few for your reading pleasure...
- Oh-no #1 - realization that, while I have been working REALLY hard at my education, I have not made as much progress as I would have liked towards my advanced degree in music therapy
- A-ha #1 - the archives in Fort Collins are very interesting and a valuable resource for therapists interested in what folks thought about music therapy as a profession way back when
- Oh-no #2 - my anonymity in my profession is rapidly disintegrating
- A-ha #2 - other music therapists like my ideas and what I share with them during conferences - thanks to all who stopped by my space in the Clinical Practice Forum
- Oh-no #3 - I have not been able to spend as much time as I would like on developing new experiences, interventions, and applications for my clients - the projects are piling up
- A-ha #3 - online CMTE courses WILL be viable soon, CBMT willing!!
- Oh-no #4 - I am rapidly running out of options in the professional market, so, unless someone in my immediate family wins the lottery, I am pretty well set in my job
- A-ha #4 - Music therapy continues to be the best option for me as a person - it is fulfilling, even with the challenges and obstacles that sometimes occur
- Oh-no #5 - Sometimes folks on the listserv appear to need attention greatly causing me to immediately delete anything from specific writers rather than taking the time to read their thoughts
- A-ha #5 - even though things change, change does not mean that the end of the world is arriving
Goals for next year - 2009
- Finish competency papers
- Move into comprehensive examination and dissertation phases
- Continue to work with music therapy interns
- Travel to Washington D.C. for a VACATION!!!!!
- Start up online CMTE courses through the website, specifically designed to provide clinicians with training on development and creative applications and interventions for clients
Here's to a very long year that is now coming to a close! Happy New Year!