Irony


There are many things that I find ironic. One of them is paying $140 a night for a hotel room where we have had to call maintenance twice - once for light replacement, and once because of a bad room key, where the water pressure starts off strong and ends up with a whimper, and where the room is about as big as my back patio.



Something else that I find ironic is that the hotel has one restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. The prices, which 15 years ago I would have found EXTREMELY disconcerting, run around $20 per meal. I now consider that reasonable. Interesting. I am still not happy about the entire situation - I tend to be more thrifty than not, but I guess I have become more accustomed to the idea of paying through the nose for food at professional meetings.



I also find it ironic that folks who coordinate conferences ALL OF THE TIME do not have the logistical know-how of scheduling things so commonly-themed sessions are not scheduled at the same time. There are many different choices for a therapist interested in umbrella groupings for an increase in clinical skill development. It is difficult to make a decision about which session to attend. The other issue that I have with conference coordination concerns the level of noise present in the atmosphere. Who decides that it is a good idea to place the drumming experiential session right next to the relaxation experiential session? Who? I would like to flick that person on the nose. There could be a little bit more coordination and communication to assist in logistical planning. Oh well.

Conference is now over, and I am recovering. I enjoyed speaking to everyone. The social aspect of conference is now much more important for me than the actual presentations. That is also ironic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA