Saturday - My Song Is Starting Again
During my trip back to the East Coast with my Mom, I did something that I have not done for 3 months (the anniversary was yesterday) - I sang with other people. I have been surprisingly quiet since my days have gone from singing all day, everyday with all my clients to being at my home, just doing what I wanted to do. I have not been making much music in my own company, mainly because music is something I share with others now.
We sang one hymn. I sat next to my mother and sang the soprano part of Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise. Her alto voice and my voice compliment each other in ways that only voices that have sung together for many decades can do. We sang this familiar hymn in the company of residents of the retirement community that my Mom's best friend, Aunt Mary, lives in and seems to manage many different parts of the community. She organizes the weekly worship service as well as runs the gift store and is involved in a personalized playlist program with persons with memory diagnoses and their caregivers. She rarely is quiet or alone, and she seems to thrive that way. She and my Mom just wore me out when we were there!
I enjoyed being in the company of others and being part of some communal singing. It has been a long time since I have done any singing at all, and I miss it.
So, my song is starting up again, and I am almost ready to share that song with others.
I am relieved by this.
One of the strange things that has happened to me during my retirement is that I am more quiet than I have been in decades - or, perhaps, for my entire life! I rarely talk to people anymore, and I don't make music with others right now. My life has become pretty silent as I have been navigating this new existence. It feels strange.
This has been a good way to figure some things out. I have decided where I want to be and what I want to do. Now, I just need to figure out the how part of it all, and it all comes down to money for me. That's it. That's what I need to figure out right now. How can I afford to do this??
As I hurtle across the country, I will be trying to think of ways to find funding for my next dream. It is time to start that process, so I will figure it all out. I have an offer to be part of a beta testing group for a business course, so I will do that to help me. I will scour all of my resources, and get in touch with people out here who might be able to help me. I will find a job to help me pay my health care bills and shore up my savings, and I will continue to do what I know can help me with my finances. I will be back here pretty soon to start my next adventure.
There you go...
Comments
Post a Comment