Clicking Along...

www.musictherapyworks.comI've had a bit of a creativity spurt over the past couple of days. It's refreshing to be involved in projects that challenge me and inspire my wish to create as well as to share what I do with all of you!



I've been working on the first official edition of sing about songs for release in September 2015. I love this process of coordinating ideas and brainstorming and then making it work. The next theme is sing about travel, and I have many ideas to develop and incorporate into my own music therapy practice as well as bringing them to you all.

There is an example packet on my website right now, but this next one is going to be more - more information, more things to do, and more resources for you! I'm up to 27 discrete therapeutic music therapy experiences (TMEs) with a goal of 30 in total. I have a bunch of visual aid files for use (if you want to, you don't have to) while you are leading these TMEs. Everything is coming together nicely.

One of the things that stimulates me about this project is that it is steeped in creativity. I get to draw, compose, sing, brainstorm, and create. I get to crawl around the public domain sites to see what songs I can use without fear of copyright violations. I get to spend time thinking about what therapists who work with populations vastly different from my own could do with the same TMEs I use with my population. I have the chance to play with music and with teacher supplies to make visual aids to support the TMEs. All of these things combine to spark my creativity. I love it!

When I find projects like this that stimulate me on many different levels, I realize anew how lucky I am to be doing something that I love. That's the simple fact. I love being a music therapist, and I love the things that I do in that role. I love talking to other therapists about sessions, about philosophy, and about our struggles and our successes. I enjoy running webinars to share the "how-to's" about being a music therapist. I like being part of internship training. The best thing, however, is always being able to help my clients use music to get them to their own goals in life. That is at the center of all of my love of this profession.

www.musictherapyworks.comWhere else can you get paid to sing, dance, play instruments, compose, make things, and make music with others?

We are lucky to have found a profession that allows us to share in so much with others.

Wow! I'm excited about this project and this profession. It's time to get going with more of this edition of sing about songs and let this enthusiasm carry me through the project.

SHAMELESS PLUG: Please check out the website for information on sing about travel and the other packets due to be released later this year!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt