Today's Plan...Let's See What I Get Done By the End of the Day

It is time to start my fourth "work from home" day. I spent the last two days at work, arranging our new YouTube channel and linking it to the new school YouTube channel. I have set up two-point authentication on my Google account, so I should be able to upload things to the channel from home as I get them. I still need to check that - I'll do that after I am finished with this post - can't seem to get competing Google accounts to work well at this moment. So, if I can't get on the YouTube account from home, I have the solution that worked on Monday - using a shared folder. There is always a solution. I need to write these things down. I think I will do that today. Put it on the list.

I had a productive couple of days at work this week. I posted 19 videos on our channel - 14 of those were from my interns. The other five were mine. I recorded another yesterday and found one that I had started, so I now have 10 videos on the site. It is my goal to have more than my interns do! It's a bit of a silly goal, but it is something to work for. I brainstormed a list of videos to produce this week, and I have about 14 more to film and post by Friday.

My list is starting off looking a bit like this...

  • Go to the hand doctor
  • Check YouTube accessibility
  • Make Mystery Box
  • Film Mystery Box Videos
  • Finish making backdrop for filming
  • Go to Barcelona publishing and purchase as many professional books as possible - they have a good sale going right now!

In addition, I have other tasks that would be nice to work on but are not as crucial to my current goals. These are things like finishing up file folder activities, laminating things for the backdrop, and composing new songs.

My video focus for today is my Mystery Box series. I have lots of instruments here at home that my students don't often get to experience. It is time to change a bit of that. I think I will get my box decorated and then film as much as possible to get lots of content up and going.

I am finding that I need a mix of practical and creative tasks during each day. If I focus on just video production, I tire easily. If I focus only on making file folders, I also tire easily. If I mix those in with tasks like making backdrops and writing therapeutic music experiences (TMEs), then I can do more. That's why I use my 30 minute chunks of time to organize me. 

My "helper" overseeing my work

So, I now have a basic outline for my work day and it is time to select my priorities and get going. Mystery box first because the video production cannot be done until the box is finished. Time to get out my cardboard, my colored paper, my glue sticks...

If you are doing prerecorded sessions from home, how are you arranging your work day? Do you have task lists and priorities? Do you have time periods that you use? What tips do you have for others who are trying to figure all this out?

Comments welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA