A Planned Day Off

I took an unplanned personal day yesterday because I found that there was a leak in the upstairs that flooded my hallway. I spent yesterday navigating the world of wet/dry vacuuming and moving things around so the guy could come in for 3 minutes and say that there was water damage. At least this guy mentioned that he would arrange to have the damage fixed - the guy who supposedly "fixed" this issue 16 months ago never even came into the apartment to see the damage. We will see if the promised dry wall guys ever show up, but at least it was acknowledged that there was damage from something that I had no power over. Today, though, is a planned day off. It's on the calendar (for some strange reason we get a random day off in both October and April), so it is an official 3-day weekend for me!!

Of course, I have some plans. I have an online intern interview this afternoon and three videos to make and upload before the end of the day. So, what am I doing?? I am sitting in front of the computer, procrastinating yet again.

For the rest of the day, though, I do have some plans. I need to go grocery shopping for the go-alongs that will make what I already have in my cabinets something that I can actually cook and eat. I want to make a big meatloaf, so I need to get some tomatoes and celery (I know, sounds pretty bad if you don't like chunky meatloaf, but I like a bit of crunch in mine). I also want to make my favorite meal, so I need some specific cheese. I shouldn't need much more (except for toilet paper), so it should be a pretty quick and quiet trip to the store. They open up in about 25 minutes, so I'll be heading out about then.

I am also working through some SkillShare courses right now, so I will devote some time to the course I've chosen, "Make Creativity Your Career." I have two weeks to complete all of the coursework (which isn't all that difficult, but it is making me think a bit about what I want to do - again!), so I need to get going with the second of the three modules. I am finding that this course is a good way to challenge my thinking without too much of a time commitment. I thought that this course would be a good one to take while I am still a bit hampered by my broken fingers - it encourages creative thinking but isn't as manually focused as some of the other courses I want to take - like watercolor painting and making my own books - always my first creative outlets! Those will wait until I am released from my splints and can use my left hand again.

There is nothing better than planned time off. Time to change out of pajamas into real world pants so I can get to the store to shop. I have to find my list first so I actually get what I need rather than just wandering around hoping to find what I need...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA