My Summer Music Therapy Reading List

It is time to start my summer music therapy reading list. I have a new notebook for taking notes (I filled up the first one!), and I am looking at some more time with my modified work schedule, so I want to do something productive for my professional development.

I go to my music therapy bookshelf to find something to read and think about...

I think I will start with information from the Neurologic Music Therapy training by Michael Thaut. I took this course a long time ago, but I know that some of the information offered then will still be relevant. I would like to purchase some of the more recent texts that Thaut has produced, but I'm not going to spend the capital at the moment. I will start with the information that I have at hand.

My first foray into professional development reading will be the Training Manual for Neurologic Music Therapy.

Time to get my supplies ready.

Five different types of post-it notes (I have LOTS of cute ones because of my stationery subscriptions). I think I'll use cat ones for definitions, dog ones for quotations, and other types of post-its for other things that I find relevant. I have my new notebook ready and one of my favorite pens. These things make a difference when you are reading things for, ahem, pleasure.

I will take some time after work every other day to do some reading. The other days will be spent in composing or making things for my clients. That's the plan, at least.

What will you be reading this summer? Is it for professional development or for just plain fun? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA