The Power of Napping

The look I get when I try to get out of bed
I returned home from my job yesterday and crawled into bed. I didn't use the bathroom, I didn't get a snack, and I didn't get onto social media. I crawled into bed. I slept for four hours and woke up still tired.

This concerns me based on the things happening around here, but not seriously. I'm asymptomatic, so I am feeling that this is just the mental health effects of the past six weeks coming down on my at this moment...but...I'll be checking my temperature to make sure.

My nap did not refresh me like I had hoped it would, and now I'm sitting here at almost 5am on Friday, with heavy eyes and difficulty focusing on anything. I did find that my yesterday nap helped me out with my attitude. After I woke up, I fed the cat, talked to my family, and then finished up some of the work that I needed to do for my church job. The nap seemed to be a good reset of my mood so I could get something done.

I know I am not alone in this. I know that my much more extroverted temperamenting friends are struggling so much more than I am in this era of social distancing and stay-at-home orders. I am a person who needs alone time to be happy and energized. I have an advantage of living only with a cat, so I get alone time. Even I am struggling with all of these rules and changes. Going out to stroll around the Dollar Tree is not as easy as it was in February.

Oh, do you remember the bliss of February?? Going out into the snow and ice without a care in the world? Going to the grocery store whenever you wanted?? Oh, the things I hope I NEVER take for granted in a couple of months.

We are all feeling the effects of our responsibilities even more now I think.

On a complete tangent here - I still have two boxes from Sweetwater sitting outside my door. One of them is a guitar box. They do not belong to me - I know this for several reasons. First, I did not order anything from Sweetwater - they may be wonderful, but I can't afford anything on their website. Second, they are addressed to someone else. I checked because I didn't buy anything and I thought that maybe someone had just decided I needed a new personal guitar...alas, I was wrong. There is only one detail on the address that sort of matches my address - FedEx just can't find any address other than mine, I guess. It's torment knowing that those boxes are out there, full of good things that I could find a place for in my life but that are NOT mine to use. Darn my ethics and morals!! 

Back on target...back on target...

I am trying really hard to balance my needs for sleep, work, stimulation, challenge, and health. So, I will nap when I need to nap, work when it is appropriate to do so, and survive this.

So will you.

Nap when you need to nap. Eat when you need to eat. Work when you need to work. This too will pass and all that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA