Return to Daily Blogging - 5/6 days - Not Too Bad, If I Say So Myself

This week has been an experiment for me - getting myself back into a routine of blogging (almost) daily. I haven't been blogging much lately. I'm not sure why, but I find that I can start my day in a bit of a better mood when I write than when I don't write. So, writing is something that I need to be doing. I think I've found myself in a bit of a rut. I don't like writing about feelings over and over, but those are the things that are most prevalent in my thoughts these days. My feelings are all over the place - some not good, others not too bad - but all over the place. Lately, things have been coming out very much focused on me rather than on the other two parts of this blog - the music and the therapy part of the title.

To be honest, I've been feeling pretty helpless and insignificant during this entire time. I'm watching my fellow music therapists going through constant challenges and immense stress, and I'm feeling pretty guilty about having a job that is paying me my regular salary during this time. I'm watching music therapists posting music and sessions online, and I'm feeling guilt that I'm not out there doing the same thing - creating more content. I alternate between wanting to do more and wanting to do less - often in the same minute! So, that is why my blogging has been very self-centered lately.

I am ready for a change, and I will try to figure out how I will do that particular change this next week.

Be prepared for some rambling posts in the next week as I try to figure out what I can do for others during this time of virus scares and temperature taking and mask wearing...We will see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA